Monday, April 11, 2011

CRAZY right now!

Holy Moly has life gotten extremely CRAZY since I've been back from Virginia! I've gone from barely having one job to having an awesome full on job working at the Tanning & Spa place! It's been really great, I'm getting the hours I need and making a pretty good amount, plus perks are great and the people are better! And big time bonus the rising gas prices don't phase me right now because I'm less than half a mile from work I can see it from my apartment window! Pretty ballin'! As for the job that barely gave me hours I'm quitting this week I love the people I work with but it's not as fun and as rewarding as it once was. And of course my biggest job right now is School! I'm taking two lab class, Chocolate Confections & Centerpieces and Artisan Breads! Both are really awesome classes! I have 4 recipes for you today from the Chocolate class, TRUFFLES! They are really good too! I plan on attempting to make some this week for the girls at work. I will give you bread recipes tomorrow. I say that but I'm going to try really hard between school and work my only free days are Sundays, Wednesdays (some) and every other Saturday. Sunday is the only day I have nothing to do which is nice I just do chores that have piled up like homework and homework that has piled up too. I'm also in a club called The Great Chef's Club and we just had a really awesome dinner Saturday night! The chefs did an amazing job! And the people I got to serve were really excellent people!
Eventually I'll get around to being completely organized it's only Week 2 so I've got at least another week to get organized and figure out a gym schedule since I don't need to be anywhere until 9AM on some days and later than that on others.

As for Baltimore and Virginia! HOLY words don't explain how great this trip was! I was nervous at first meeting all these new people and seeing my friend again that I haven't seen in probably 5+ years! But there was nothing to be nervous about I fit right in like we had known each other for years! In fact we are organizing two more trips this year, one is me going back there for a middle school/ MIZZOU/ Baltimore reunion and all of them packing their bags to come down here in the fall to stay with me. I think we are going to the coast and renting a house there and just having a blast. It'd be really awesome if every year we tried getting together again at least once! One of the girls has already said she is just going to move in because I was studying at the pool yesterday and she was inside studying. And we have a master awesome plan for her visit too! We are redoing a 90s music video! Ohh man that's gonna be fun. So I believe my next investment with either be an Xbox 360 w/ kinect or a video camera, dang I wish it could be my birthday again! shucks.

Well now it's time for your recipes and photos of the final product I hope you enjoy!
Chai Tea Truffles
6 oz heavy cream
2 bags of tea (i used orange spice)
2 tsp vanilla extract
milk - as needed
2 oz glucose syrup
12 oz milk chocolate, chopped
1 oz butter, very soft
milk chocolate - as needed for precoating and coating
dark chocolate - as needed for filagree


Coffee Truffles
6 oz heavy cream
1/2 oz coffee ground
2 oz glucose syrup
14 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 oz butter, very soft
1 1/2 oz coffee liqueur (Kahlua)
dark chocolate - as needed for precoacting and coating
chocolate - as need for chocolate curls garnish


Amaretti Truffles
5 oz heavy cream
11 oz milk chocolate, chopped
1/2 oz butter
1 1/4 oz amaretto liqueur
dark chocolate - as needed for precating and coating
roasted pine nuts for garnish


Rochers
500 grams (g) slivered almonds
20 g liqueur
50 g powdered sugar
70 g melted cocoa butter
100 g tempered milk chocolate

H

No comments:

Post a Comment