Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fire Engine Red

Yesterday I was given news about my life. The news is uncertain but it's life changing, the kind that makes you stop and all you can think about it that one word repeating over inside your head. I'm asking for your prayers and when I know more you will too.

This blog however is about happiness, yesterday I got to play with my brand new mixer!! Ohh it's so shiny, red & beautiful! (thank you to my Amazing Mammie!) Of course the first thing I make is going to be Chocolate Chip Cookies so below you'll find the recipe. As well as some delicious Buttermilk Biscuits that I'm enjoying right now outside (Texas your weather humors me - why can't you feel like this in the summer) Soxs is also outside with me snooping around the porch, hopefully she won't mistake the bird seed for a treat.
Now to get on with the recipes I'm sure your more interested in that. Remember to thank God for the day He has brought to us & live it as if there is no tomorrow.



Chocolate Chip Cookies;
3/4 cup Butter (or Crisco shortening)
1-1/4 cup Brown sugar
Cream these together with paddle attachment on medium for about 5 minutes or until smooth
1 Whole egg
Add until fully incorporated
1 TBSP Vanilla
Add; till everything is smooth
1-3/4 cup All-purpose flour
1 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Baking soda
Turn mixer down then add the dry ingredients. Mix until it becomes a dough.
1 cup Chocolate chips (or nuts, candies whatever your fancy may be - I always add 1/2 cup)
Add the desired goodness and mix together, by hand or mixer.

Bake at 375*F for 8-12 minutes. Bake on the middle rack or one higher to ensure bottom don't burn.
Cool & enjoy!


Buttermilk Biscuits (half recipe)
This is actually done more by hand, so if you have never made dough hopefully I can explain it well enough or just ask.

12oz All-purpose flour
1oz Sugar
0.75oz Baking Powder
0.125oz Salt
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder & salt
4oz Butter, cold
Add the butter and rub together until the mixture has the appearance of a coarse meal
2oz Whole eggs
10.5 fl oz Buttermilk
Combine the eggs and buttermilk; add to flour mixture tossing to combine. (your hands will get doughy here) Cover with plastic wrap and rest in refrigerator for 45-60 minutes.
Roll out the dough onto a heavily floured surface to a 1 inch thickness. Then fold in half and roll it out again to the same thickness. Cut out the biscuits line them close together on your baking pan (this causes them to rise)

Bake at 425*F about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful, the bottoms tend to cook faster than the tops. Brush with melted butter and enjoy with some jam (:


I don't have a quote to end on today other than the thoughts I've been thinking which are don't take pity upon yourself. You are beautiful and strong and it takes a strong heart the survive. Write a love letter to yourself.

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment