Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lemon Spice Cookies

So update. Went home & told me dad about New Jersey, he was happy but I know he is still worried but that will never change. I went to my first piano bar with some friends and it was great even if he didn't play Grillz by Nelly (haha)!! Next night I got together with y bestie twins for our favorite frozen yogurt. If you ever go to Spoons in College Station and they have the Spiced Apple Pie - GET IT! It was so delicious! Then Lyz and I went out to Harrys to go dancing ohh man all the freshmen were there and it was packed shoulder to shoulder!

I also got a chance to go back to my old high school, saw my favorite secretary! She sure hasn't changed. My principal & power lifting coach were gone though - sad. Then I went to one of my favorite coach, Ringo. Last month he lost his little girl, she was such a little angel. I was able to get one of her rememBER bracelets which really means a lot to me. I hope & pray for the Ringo family every time I can just hope they can hold their heads again soon. I love them all like a second family & only wish the best. On a less sorrow night I saw an old friend and things were actually better than I thought. It was nice and comfortable to be able to talk a little softer.

So cookie time; the interview is in 7 Days!!! I was told I'd have to make fondant pieces and cookies. So tonight I have prepared a Lemon Spiced sugar cookie and cut them out into fun shapes. Tomorrow you'll get to see the full final product.

INGREDIENTS;
3 oz butter, sweet & unsalted
3 oz soft brown sugar
2 TBSP honey
Zest from lemon (or orange)
2 tsp lemon juice (or orange juice)
8 oz all purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda, sifted
1 tsp cinnamon, sifted

DIRECTIONS;
Preheat oven to 325*F
Place butter, sugar, honey, zest and juice in a small saucepan and heat gently until sugar has dissolved and butter melted.
Sift the flour and dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well together. Make a hole in the middle and pour in the melted ingredients. Mix well until dough becomes firm.
Place the dough in a plastic bag and chill in fridge for 40 minutes.

Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 5mm thick (thin) and stamp out your cookie designs.
Lightly knead trimmings back together and use all the dough. Place cookies on greased baking sheets.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly colored and firm but not crisp. Leave on the tray for two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 26 cookies (depending on shapes you pick)

Enjoy your recipe <3

No comments:

Post a Comment