Saturday, January 14, 2012

Homemade Lasagna

So it's been a pretty great week! I finished the cake for delivery and just got work from the guest that it was a big hit & tasty!

As some of you know this time two years ago one of the most amazing guys I know was taken from us. And I just wanted to take a little time to recognize him & remember how pure his heart was and how wonderful he was and still is in my heart.
Here's to you Zac Cook; 01.12.10

On Thursday Keith and I went to Shiner, Texas to tour the Shiner brewery! It was so much fun and the ironic thing is Shiner was Zac's favorite beer so I felt he was there and made sure I drank a few in his honor. And I got a new Shiner black lager brownie recipe, can't wait to make those tasty treats. All in all this week was great, I worked then relaxed and worked a little more. Sunday is laundry day since the Texans are playing and I'm a Cowboys fan I'll be doing something productive - Go Giants! Yes I'm pulling for a Giants win, glad to know the Saints are out & the Tebow outrage is over!

I know your probably ready for the recipe of this post and get ready for it - homemade lasagna!! It was so delicious an Keith really liked it, also made good leftovers and I don't like leftovers. It only took about 45 minutes to prep, cook and serve!

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound of ground beef
2 cups of water (can sub with beef stock)
2 cups of beef stock
7 dry lasagna noodles - break apart
1 can condensed tomato soup (10.75oz)
1 onion, chopped (I used half)
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 TBSP Italian seasonings
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cornstarch
Salt to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Cook the ground beef till browner for about 10 minutes, in a large skillet on medium heat. Pour in the water & bee stock bring to boil. Mix in lasagna noodles, tomato soup, Italian seasonings, and black pepper. Reduce heat, cover and simmer on low until the lasagna noodles are tender, about 10 minutes.

If the sauce has not thickened take one cup of the liquid sauce out add the 1 tsp of cornstarch mix together then mix back into skillet. Simmer to thicken then your ready to serve.

I added cheese to mine and it made it extra delicious! It serves about 4 people unless your serving hungry boys then you may want to double it. Please let me know what you think and if you find any variations!

I've included both a picture of dinner and the finally put together cake. Please enjoy & leave me some comments.

love y'all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment