Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cupcake War & Pictures

So they are a day late but here are the pictures from class on Monday & Tuesday. I made the Mousseline Torte & the Classic Chocolate Truffles. The Croissants were absolutely DElicious! And so was the White Chocolate Buttercream, white chocolate is my absolute FAVorite thing!
[left to right: Mousseline Torte, Mousseline Torte, Classic Chocolate Truffles]
[left to right: Croissants, Chocolate Croissants, Chiffon Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream]

Next are the posted pictures from my Midterm in American Regional. Where not only did I pass, but I plated my main dish with a burned hand. Yup! I got my second injury of this quarter. I was frustrated with the amount of room we had to cook, twelve people on five stoves! I had two burners & maybe five pots to work with. I just wasn't thinking clearly and went to turn the handle on the table and burned my left hand, from my thumb up my index finger along with the second and third. I was pretty proud of myself for still continuing and plating, it's amazing what drive does.



Now TODAY! What a GREAT day! I went to CoupleCake Wars with three friends! CoupleCake Wars is a new annual event that donates to the Food Bank here in town. They donated $10,000 to it and 100% of the profits on one of their cupcakes went to the Food Bank as well! It was such a great cause. Seven couples competed for the title Cupcake Couple 2011! They had to write letters on how they met, come up with a valentine's day theme & a display. Also, they earned points playing the "Newlywed Game" it was adorable. After the long 15 minutes of decorating the judges did the judging and the couples explained the story behind their theme, some stories brought a warm feeling to my heart. I thought a theme I would have done if had the chance, it's a pretty cute one too. But I got to meet Candice Nelson, the founder of Sprinkles Cupcakes & the judge on Cupcake Wars. Well now I'm watching Cupcake Wars with my roommate & after meeting her it's pretty crazy to watch her! She is really tall by the way! So we had a great time, the "Rascal Flatts" couple one, they met on Match.com, so their theme was a box of matches, that said the perfect match. They had some really awesome cupcakes, CHICKEN & WAFFLES! It was topped with a ChickfilA nugget, so cool but I didn't get a chance to try it, sounded tasty though.
Pictures will be posted when my roommate post them, because the one I want to show it Aggie Cute! LOVE IT! Just went to work after that and now it's journal writing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment