Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow...?

I WAS PROMISED SNOW! AND REALLY WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN!!! It could be a pretend White Christmas!

So we had classes this morning unlike a lot of the schools surrounding us. Did it snow? No. Did it even sleet [aka Texas Snow]? NO! Was it cold? Yes! That's it! Luckily work got cancelled for me, so I have THREE days off! Which I need, I still have a pile of homework sitting on the table and plenty of relaxing to catch up on. Just hoping to get that Student Loan check in [aka monopoly money] so I don't have to worry about rent too much. And I'm also looking into Study Abroad, choices are Summer - Beijing, China or Orvieto, Italy in the Fall. If I take the Fall I will either not walk at Graduation since I'll be coming back from Italy or I will have to push my graduation back one quarter... I will take either of those two options because I would absolutely LOVE the chance to see Italy! The only downfall I wouldn't be able to make a wedding cake from a friend of mine but she told me she would rather I go to Italy. So cross your fingers!
As for school today we have reached the Central Plains, that's all you readers from Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin, Nebraska, & a few others. We made a whole lot but I don't have the recipes for many of them because the menu that was set for today we didn't do since there is a chance of not having class tomorrow. Here is the list of what we DID make today and if you want the recipes just comment and let me know that you want it. I will however give you the recipe for Brownie Pudding Cake that I made and everyone really liked! So the things we made were: Corn & Wild Rice Cakes, Kansas city Style Ribs w/ Steak Fries, Brussel Sprouts & Mushrooms & Macaroni, Deep Dish Pizza, Beef & Barley Soup & the DEEELICIOUS Brownie Pudding Cake. However I do have a pictures of the Soup and Cakes. It was a wild random day in class today! Chef just wanted to get as many things cooked as we could today AND bonus he bought everyone a drink from the Deli to go with our meal! Super awesome Chef - I think so! Just wait till you see the picture of him at the end! He wore the coolest hat but took it off because of haters in the hall!
No work today because there is a chance we won't be open tomorrow so I would be prepping for nothing and just wasting food. So I got to take a really long nap then watched the telly, absolutely nothing seemed to be on today and I didn't do any homework HA! I will knock it all out tomorrow, it's my next day off. Hopefully I can just stay focused long enough. I did however make my famous Cookie Cake! YUM. Tomorrow night finally talking about the past three weeks & making the next move. Not sure how the night will go but I will take whatever happens as a lesson and hold my head high and stay positive. I trust God and His plan for me, my faith is in His hands. Until then enjoy the recipe [I highly recommend this cake too it was SO GOOD!] & the pictures!

Brownie Pudding Cake:
All-purpose flour 1 cup
Cocoa powder 2/3 cup
Baking powder 3/4 tsp
Salt 3/4 tsp
Sugar 1 cup
Butter, melted 6 Tbsp
Heavy cream 1/2 cup
Eggs 2
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Water, boiling 1 1/3 cup
Brown sugar 3/4 cup

[Beef & Barley Soup. And Corn & Wild Rice Cakes - they look nasty but if made correctly aren't too bad]
& this is our Chef in his AWESOME hat! If you're hating you should probably stop drinking your Haterade and recognize! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment